As a gifted adult, you are definitely in search of success, right? So why not make it as easy as possible? Use these eight simple steps right now to put yourself on the path to achieving what you really want in a short amount of time.
There are many frameworks for success out there, but what works for you isn’t always what works for everyone else. So here’s how you can apply the categories of passion, work, focus, push, ideas, improve, serve, and persist to gifted adults.
1. Passion – This area almost never seems to be a problem for gifted adults. As a matter of fact, they have more trouble trying to narrow down their passions than they do trying to find one in the first place.
So as far as passion goes, choose the one that stands out the most for you right now and think about what you could do to make it awesome and impactful on the world. This passion will be one foundational piece of your essential mission – the path that will give you the ultimate excitement, pleasure and satisfaction in life. You’ll probably find that over time many of your awesome and impactful passions will fit together to formulate your essential mission completely. And when that happens, in an incredible place you’ll be!
2. Work – However you’d like to consider it, it’s going to take a lot of work to get to the summit of your life experience. Time, effort, money, sweat and tears are all involved here.
The most important thing to remember as you’re putting in huge amounts of effort, and being gifted, are likely on an emotional roller coaster for a good part of the time, is that every step of the way is getting you closer to where you want to be. Even if it doesn’t look like it, or if everyone around you is telling you you’re wasting your time, know that every learning experience makes you a more knowledgeable and stronger person – one that is all the more able to handle the super success that comes at the top.
3. Focus – The things that you want in life won’t necessarily fall into your lap – you will have to work for them – but you’ll find that they will all come together much more easily when you’ve determined your focus and you know for sure, or at least mostly for sure, what you’re striving for. (Not having focus is kind of like deciding to go on vacation but not knowing where. When you decide on your destination it makes getting there a whole lot easier.)
For gifted adults, finding focus means, not only doing one thing very well, but figuring out how to use the many things you do well to make a difference in the lives of yourself and others. It isn’t about narrowing your focus down to such a point that it includes only one thing. It’s about combining your many points of focus to create something new, exciting and unexplored.
4. Push – This is one of the toughest parts of the success process for gifted adults. Usually the aims they have in life aren’t the traditional ones that most people shoot for. The things that bring them the most satisfaction are maybe not even understood by many of the people closest to them. So what do they do? This is where making connections with other gifted adults becomes mandatory.
It’s tough enough to succeed at doing normal things, so you have to set up your support systems in a big way when you’re ready to succeed at an ultimate unconventional level. When you start to feel down and out, when the work is becoming overwhelming, or when you feel like you’re not even sure you’re on the right track, getting in touch with your gifted friends can offer you the push you so definitely need at that moment in time.
5. Ideas – Generating ideas is also something that usually comes relatively easy for gifted adults. The challenge for them is to figure out which ones to use right now and which ones to put on the back burner for a while.
Keeping a journal is very helpful for this, as is having some awesome let’s-bang-around-some-great-ideas conversations with gifted friends. You can use some local or reachable experts in the fields you’re working with as well who will also be able to help you refine your reflections and insights. And if independent, do-it-now kind of idea creation is what you prefer, you can try setting up a filing cabinet with folders or compartments for each of your magnificent ideas along with the supplies they need to put them into action.
6. Improve – This one is another given for many gifted adults. You can say it may even be built-in directly somehow. For them, the desire to improve is less like a potential option and more like a life-giving necessity.
Sometimes, for gifted adults the desire to improve is so strong that what to do or how to go about it in the best way becomes more of the challenge. Using the connections you’ve made with positive and uplifting people will help you figure out where the most important places are for you to progress from the position you’re standing in right now. And remember, with the high learning curve that giftedness brings, your place of improvement might be different tomorrow, and next week, and next month. Just know that is absolutely OK.
7. Serve – This is one more area that’s nearly part of the genetic makeup of gifted adults – the need to contribute something beyond themselves. The secret for them is to put their unique sets of passions together to create something that serves others in the maximal way.
You can do amazing things; you’ve got bucket loads of ideas and passions; you’re not afraid to keep on trying; and you really want to help people with what you do. So now consider what you would love to do, be and have if you had all of the time, money and resources you needed at your fingertips, and then take the first steps toward making that real. Putting the pieces together to change the world, not just in any way, but in the most beneficial and positive way is the goal now.
8. Persist – Isn’t it amazing that one of the key traits of giftedness is also one of the eight keys to success?
The biggest challenge for gifted adults here is not that they are not persistent – they so often are to an incredible degree – but that they keep moving forward when they’re feeling down and out, when the world goes against them, and when their unconventional ideas are just beginning to break through into the conceptualizations of the rest of the planet. — So perhaps the ultimate success question for gifted adults is this: If 6-7 of these secrets to success are basically built into them, why are they not all incredibly successful?
The biggest answer lies in Success Point 4 – Push. At only 3-5% of the general population, gifted adults are so physically scattered in their cities, communities, and countries that they have trouble finding one another. And without other people who understand their intensities, and what some may call insanities, it’s hard to keep moving forward. It’s tough for them to stand on their own day after day, idea after idea, potential miracle after potential miracle.
So if you are a gifted adult, be on the lookout for others like you anywhere and everywhere you go. And when you find them, hang onto them, especially the positive, motivating ones, because their presence around you may just be the final piece you need to complete the puzzle of your essential life mission and find ultimate success.
Sonia Dabboussi is the founder of Gifted for Life, a groundbreaking community of empowered gifted adults who maximize their unique abilities, sensitivities, experiences and insights to make a remarkable world impact.
For over a decade and a half, her diverse experience in academic and personal development through positions in education, educational administration and success coaching has led her to conduct seminars, workshops and one-on-one trainings for exceptional people in local, national and international regions.
She is also a gifted adult.
Connect with gifted adults and other outstanding people at Gifted for Life, http://giftedforlife.com.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=Sonia_Dabboussi